From Family Fun, but transformed to my liking
Strawberry chocolate scones
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup hulled and finely diced fresh strawberries
2 cups flour (1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat)
1/3 cup sugar, plus a little for sprinkling
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold, cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon light cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat your oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, using a few spots of butter or cooking oil to stick it in place. Set the baking sheet aside.
2. Place the diced strawberries on several sheets of paper towel to absorb their juice. Meanwhile, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Zest half of the lemon into the ingredients, taking care to remove just the outermost skin and not the white pith.
3. Cut in the butter with two butter knives or a pastry blender until the flour-coated pieces are the size of peas. Add the strawberries, tossing them gently with a fork to coat them.
Archives du blogue
- ► 2009 (127)
- ► 2008 (66)
- Soccer camp
- week-end update!
- More stuff from our week-end of fun...
- finally finished reading...
- Sunday July 22, 07
- Saturday July 21/07
- Ok, gross...
- Soccer rantings...
- Hawaiian day at Circus Camp...
- hum... pictures found on my camera...
- scraaarrrryyyy clown
- Cute bird sitting on a bench
- Been scrapping again...
- This morning's breakfast recipe... strawberry scon...
- Ooooo, I want the new Rusty Pickles papers...
- How fast they grow...
- Some pictures of the day
- Cr@p, I changed my template and lost all my links....
- Some pages I got to do over the week-end
- I feel bad :( Guilty bad...
- Oversweet strawberry jam...
- Monster Princess and her daycamp experience...
- Some pictural update
- 2 livres en moins!!!
- A little on the absent side
- ▼ juillet (26)